Apricot And Salmon Rice
Salmon is always favorite amongst the non vegetarian lovers. It has both taste as well as many health benefits and if you make it correct way then it can be taken by even patients in their prescribed diet.
Salmon is good for Cardio-Vascular Health, Metabolism, Eye Care, and Brain & Nerves. It has Omega 3 fatty acid which improves the immunity. It also has amino acid which is good for the hormones as well as for all the body parts.
Apricot is a Chinese dry fruit which helps in disease fighting and prevention. It has great amount of vitamin A and C which can increase your immunity.
When you mix this extremely healthy ingredients, it gives you mouth watering dinner.
To make Apricot and salmon rice, you need around one hour where 30 minutes are required for the preparation and 25 minutes for actual cooking.
Ingredients for Apricot and salmon rice:
• Salmon fillets – 12 - 4 ounce each
• White wine – 2/3 cup
• Apricot – 2/3 in a spreadable form
• Salt and pepper – around ½ teaspoon
• Ginger – 1 teaspoon in a grated manner
• Chicken broth – 4 cups with reduced sodium
• long grained rice – 2 cup uncooked
• butter – 4 teaspoons
• Dried apricots – 4 tablespoon
• Fresh parsley – 4 tablespoon minced
• Chives – 2 tablespoon minced
• Fresh thyme – 2 teaspoon minced. In case you do not get it fresh, you can use ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• Almonds – 6 tablespoon roasted
Method Of Preparation
• Take baking dish and coat with cooking spray. Take salmon and place it inside the dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
• Take one small bowl and mix wine, spreadable apricot and ginger.
• Pour the mixture on the salmon. Spread it.
• Bake at 375 degree for 25 minutes. Check with the fork whether it has cooked properly before taking it out.
• Take one small sauce pan and put rice and broth with butter and bring it to boil. Cover it with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Add dried apricot, parsley, chives and thyme and stir it until water is dried and rice becomes tender.
• Serve it with Salmon and almonds.
• You can even mix almonds in the rice which looks decorative.
This dinner can be little sweet because of Apricot and kids will love it.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Apricot And Salmon Rice".
Return to "Salmon Recipes" from "Apricot And Salmon Rice".
Home | About Us | Contact Us