Baked Ham With Fruit Slices
This Baked Ham With Fruit Slices dish takes around 4 hours of cooking time. Depending on the tenderness of the ham, the cooking time may vary. If your ham is soft then you might finish cooking early.
• Boneless ham – 18 lb
• Light brown Sugar – 2 box or 2 lb
• Dry champagne – 4
• Ground Ginger – 1 tea spoon
• Dry mustard – 1 teaspoon
• Honey – 2 tablespoon
• Spiced apples – 2
• Pineapple slices – 5/6 If you like fruit flavour then you can increase the fruit slices and in case you want your ham without fruit flavour, you can skip fruit slices
Method of Preparation
1. Take baking pan and place ham on the rack.
2. Pour 2 cup of brown sugar and 2 bottle champagne.
3. Start oven at 325 degree and bake the ham for around 3 ½ to 4 hours.
4. Put a large sauce pan and transfer ham into it.
5. Mix the other bottle of champagne, remaining brown sugar, grounded ginger, honey and mustard.
6. Pour the new mixture into the sauce pan and bring it to boil.
7. Once the mixture is boiled, simmer it till the ham is well cooked.
8. You need to check it for every 15 minutes for the tenderness of ham.
9. You should not overcook ham. If you find it almost cooked then do not wait for the next 15 minutes, you can check it in 10 minutes
Once cooking is complete, you can serve it with fruit slices (pineapple and apple) on top of it. The smell of ham and champagne cannot be resistible.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Baked Ham With Fruit Slices".
Return to "Ham Recipes" from "Baked Ham With Fruit Slices".
Home | About Us | Contact Us