Boiled Vegetable With Sausages
Boiled vegetable with sausages is one of the healthy recipes for your dinner. Even if you consume a little more quantity than what you do always, it will still be considered as light dinner as the vegetables present in them shall make it easy to digest.
If you are a vegetarian or like to have more of vegetables in your diet then you can certainly try this recipe with few more vegetables. You can try various combinations of vegetables apart from the ones mentioned below. Any combination of vegetables will make this dish absolutely yummy.
• Sausages - 1 ¼ pounds
• Ham hock – 6 pounds
• Potatoes – 2 large ones
• Celery – 2 stalks, leaves should be removed
• Turnip – 3 peeled and cut
• Carrots – 3 cleaned and cut
• Onion – 1 cut
• Cabbage – ½ remove the down part
• Salt – ½ teaspoon
• Black pepper - ¼ teaspoon in a grounded manner
All the vegetables should be cut in a similar shape. Large pieces should be ideal for this recipe as they will not be lost in the sausages and ham hock.
1. Take one large pot and keep around ½ quart water to boil2. Put ham hocks and cook it for the next 10 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
3. In the same pot add potatoes, turnip, carrots, cabbage and onions along with celery.
4. Add salt and pepper and mix all the vegetable mixture well.
5. Add ham hocks and sausages.
6. Add water to cover all the mixture.
7. Put aluminum foil on the top to cover the pot and then put tight lid.
8. Ham hocks and sausages are already cooked. It is time to cook vegetables. Bring the mixture to boil and simmer it for 13 to 20 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Boiled Vegetable With Sausages".
Return to "Healthy Dinner Recipes" from "Boiled Vegetable With Sausages".
Home | About Us | Contact Us