Caribbean Vegetarian Salad
The following recipe is a Caribbean vegetarian salad recipe which can be a healthy dinner option. Eating salad is considered as a healthy habit. You can include variety of fruits and vegetables into it. Research has always suggested that high doses of fruits and vegetables always keep you away from diseases.
It is recommended that daily 5 different varieties of fruits or vegetables should be included in your diet for healthy living and salad gives you opportunity to include more than one vegetable in a single plate.
The preparation time for this salad is around 30 minutes and cooking time is around 40 minutes.In salad you should always use raw vegetables like cucumber, onion which need not be cooked for eating every time. Today, we can see that salad preparation has become one of the main courses of dinner.
• Canola oil – 1 ½ tablespoon
• Potato – ½ large
• Cucumber – ½ chopped
• Sweet potato - ½ sliced
• Corn - ½ cup frozen or fresh
• Red Onion – 1 chopped
• Mustard – ½ teaspoon
• Lime Juice – 1 tablespoon
• Coriander – 1 ½ tablespoon chopped
• Garlic clove – ½ minced
• Salt – a pinch
• Black pepper - a pinch
• Peanuts – handful
Method Of Preparation
1. Take a sauce pan. Put sliced potato in it with enough salt water in it. Simmer the flame for the next 5 minutes. 2. Add sliced sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add corn kernels into it and cook for few seconds( around 15 seconds)
4. Drain all the excess water.
5. Put all the vegetables in cold water pan and keep it for 5 minutes. Remove the water.
6. Take another bowl. Put oil in it and heat it. Now put mustard, lime juice, coriander and garlic into it along with salt and black pepper. Mix well.
7. Now add boiled potato as well as sweet potato into it. Mix it well.
8. Use red onions and cucumber for garnishing.
This salad should be served chilled. At the time of serving put handful of peanuts in it. In salad cook only those items which will not be eaten raw like potato and sweet potato. Corn kernels need not be cooked for more time.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Caribbean Vegetarian Salad".
Return to "Green Salad Recipes" from "Caribbean Vegetarian Salad".
Home | About Us | Contact Us