Chicken and Zucchini Lasagna
Chicken and Zucchini lasagna is an excellent low fat recipe. If you are health conscious and looking for low fat dinner then you should always go for baked food instead of deep frying. Oil is fat rich and for frying you cannot control oil. The actual food may not be very fatty but when you fry it, it becomes heavy and high fat food.
Fish, meat or poultry dishes can be baked and consumed as they are low fat without frying. The preparation time for this low fat dinner is around 45 minutes and actual cooking time is around 45 minutes.
• Onion – 2 finely chopped
• Garlic cloves – 4 finely chopped
• Ground chicken – 1 ½ pound
• Zucchini – 3 sliced zucchini
• Mushrooms – 16 ounce sliced
• Dried basil – 2 teaspoon
• Dried Oregano - 2 teaspoon
• Diced tomato – 230 ounce
• Lasagna noodles – 24 boiled
• Tomato sauce without salt – 36 ounce
• Fat free Ricotta cheese – 230 ounce
• Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese – 5 cups buy reduced fat or fat free.
• Olive oil – 4 tea spoon
• Celery – 2 medium finely chopped
• Broccoli or green beans optional
1. Take large skillet and sauté onion, celery and garlic till onion becomes pink and soft. Mix ground chicken and cook. It might take 15 to 20 minutes till the chicken becomes soft.
2. Add zucchini and mushrooms and rest of the herbs and mix well. Cook again while stirring. After 5 to 8 minutes mix canned tomato sauce and simmer the flame for 7 minutes.
3. Take baking dish. Pour 2/3 sauce into. Put 8 lasagna noodles above it. Sprinkle 2/3 of ricotta cheese and spread it evenly.
4. Again one noodle layer. Repeat till all the sauce, ricotta cheese and noodles are utilised. The last layer should be of cheese.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
6. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and then broil it for 4 minutes.
If you want you can try same recipe with turkey or other white meat instead of chicken. You can always do that but in a grounded format. There won’t be much difference in the fat level. Broccoli and boiled green beans should be added in the end to decorate the plate if you like.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Chicken and Zucchini Lasagna".
Return to "Easy Chicken Recipes" from "Chicken and Zucchini Lasagna".
Home | About Us | Contact Us