Chicken In Apple Juice
Chicken in apple juice is healthy and dinner time recipe which you can make in crock pot. It is easy to make with all the health benefits as it low sodium and low fat recipe.
The preparation time for this recipe is 20 minutes and cooking time will be 4 to 6 hours.
• Apple juice can – 3 ounce
• Butter – 1 tablespoon
• Nutmeg - pinch
• Curry powder – 1 teaspoons
• Onion – ½ chopped
• Garlic cloves - 1 minced
• Chicken breast – 3 pieces boneless
• Apples – 1 ½ cored and sliced thickly
• Chicken broth – 1/4 cup
• Corn starch – ½ tablespoon
Method of Preparation
1. Take a small bowl and mix apple juice, nutmeg and curry powder.
2. Use microwave safe dish to mix butter, garlic and onion. Keep it in microwave for 2 minutes till onion is softens. Put the mixture in the crock pot.
3. Put juice mixture on the chicken breast. Coat the juice generously on it and keep all the six pieces on the crock pot above onions.
4. Pour remaining juice in the crock pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and start the crock pot for 5 to 6 hours until chicken is almost cooked. The cooking time differs from cooker to cooker. New cooker might take less time and old cooker will take little more time.
6. Add apples after chicken is cooked and then cook again for 1 hour till chicken is cooked completely and apple becomes tender.
7. Take another small bowl and mix broth and cornstarch and mix it and make thick sauce to mix it with the prepared dish.
You can have this recipe along with brown rice.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Chicken In Apple Juice".
Return to "Crock Pot Recipes" from "Chicken In Apple Juice".
Home | About Us | Contact Us