Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Quesadilla is a Mexican recipe but interestingly the word Quesadilla is of Spanish origin which means little cheesy thing. Quesadilla is a tortilla of wheat dough filled with many ingredients. Cheese is one of the main ingredients in the preparation of the quesadilla.
Chicken is the most popular and healthy meat and when you fill quesadilla with it, it becomes tasty as well as healthy dish for the meat lovers. It is indeed a complete meal.
Quesadilla can be filled with all kinds of ingredients and today this recipe is famous in US of A though it started in Mexico. This recipe is a chicken recipe but in case of chicken, you can always put vegetables or even red meat.
Ingredients for Chicken Quesadilla recipe:
• 12 tortillas – you get readymade tortillas in the market but in case you are interested you can make it at home also. It can be made of flour or wheat
• Chicken breast – cut in a small squares around 4 lbs
• Red pepper – 2 large
• Onion – 2 large and chopped finely
• Seasoning – 4 teaspoon you can choose any of your favorite seasoning for this recipe as it adds the taste but default seasoning is adobo seasoning
• Mexican cheese mix – 2 packet
• Oil - 2 tablespoon
• Butter – 2 tablespoon
• Cream – should be sour
1. Take a skillet and put 2 tablespoon of oil in it. Let the oil be little warm then put all the ingredients in the same order. Seasoning first then onions and in the end pepper and chicken. After adding all the ingredients mix them well and add a little of oil.
2. Cover it while cooking and cook till chicken becomes soft. You need to stir it after every 3 to 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
3. Take tortillas. Put the mixed and cooked ingredients in the half portion of the tortilla. You need to do this work on the flat surface. Sprinkle cheese generously. Fold the tortilla to make it in semicircle. Do this with all the tortillas.
4. Preheat oven at 400F.
5. Take oven safe dish and arrange your quesadillas in it. In place of oven safe dish, you can use aluminum foil or even wax paper.
6. Cook the ready quesadillas in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Serve it hot with cream. You can use any other kind of sauce like salsa too.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Chicken Quesadilla Recipe".
Return to "Easy Chicken Recipes" from "Chicken Quesadilla Recipe".
Home | About Us | Contact Us