Christmas Dinner Rolls
Try this Christmas dinner rolls recipe and prepare a great dinner for Christmas. Christmas is a special day and hence the dinner prepared on this day should also be special.
If you cook some mouthwatering recipe at home the taste and the flavor of that dish should be awesome that can make your Christmas more memorable. This dish can be made with vegetable fillings or with non vegetarian filling.
Ingredients for the dinner rolls:
• Sugar - 1 ½ tablespoon
• Egg – 1 large
• Flour – all purpose 3 cups
• Poppy seeds or sesame seeds – 1 ½ table spoon
• Butter milk – 1
• Baking soda – 2 tea spoon
• Salt – 1teaspoon
• Dry Yeast – 1 oz
• Butter – 3 tablespoon
Ingredients for filling:
• French beans – 250 grams
• Carrot – 250 grams
• Peas – 250 grams
• Onion – 125 grams
• Potato – 125 grams optional
1. Take a small bowl and put ¼ cup of hot water. Put yeast and stir gently. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. You can see foam arise on the surface after 5 minutes.
2. Take a saucepan and heat buttermilk in a medium flame. Stir continuously till it warms up and take it out.
3. Mix it with the mixture of butter, yeast, sugar and eggs.4. Take flour, baking soda and salt in a big bowl and mix with the above mixture.
5. Make dough. Knead while adding necessary flour. It takes around 7 to 9 minutes for dough to become smooth.
6. Make a ball and keep it in a buttered bowl. Cover it up tightly and keep it aside for around 1 ½ hours in a warm temperature. The size of the ball will increase to double.
7. Take a cake pan and butter it generously. Spread the dough inside the pan and cut it into 18 pieces.
8. Take a frying pan and in butter sauté all the filling vegetables with little water. Keep it for 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
9. Put vegetable in a dough piece and cover it up On a work surface place a dough piece and tuck it underneath to make it a firm ball.
10. Follow the same procedure with the rest of the dough and keep the rolls in the cake pan.
11. Cover it with plastic wrap (clinch paper) and keep it in a warm place again for around 40 minutes till the size becomes double.
12. Brush melted butter on each roll and sprinkle poppy seed or sesame seeds.
13. Preheat the oven under 400 degrees F.
14. Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
The rolls are ready to serve.. Enjoy this great dinner on Christmas!
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Christmas Dinner Rolls".
Return to "Easy Christmas Recipes" from "Christmas Dinner Rolls".
Home | About Us | Contact Us