Corn Casserole Recipe
Corn casserole recipe is a savory dish which is traditionally served in the Southern part of U.S. It is creamy rich dish.
Corn is one of the healthiest cereals to eat. Many interesting recipes can be made by using corn. Corn has many vitamins and minerals in it. Minerals like phosphorus, zinc, iron, copper and manganese are available in large quantity.
It provides all the necessary calories for a day. It has vitamin A, B and in it along with many other nutrients. Unlike other vegetables, cooking does not reduce minerals of corn in fact it increases the antioxidants in sweet corn.
Corn is helpful in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, alzheimer and anemia. Daily consumption of corn can give you protection from many dreadful diseases.
Corn can be the main ingredient of the meal and you can have a complete meal. Following recipe is one such casserole recipe which gives you complete and healthy meal for 6 to 8 people.
Ingredients for the Corn casserole recipe:
• Corn – 2 cans (Mexican corn if possible)
• Corn – 2 cans cream style
• Butter – 10 tablespoon
• Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
• Salt – as per the taste
• Eggs – 8
• Cheese – 2 cups shredded
• Mustard – 2 tablespoon
• 3 cups – bread crumbs. For this particular recipe we need two parts of bread crumbs. Make two equal parts of 1 and ½ cup. 1 part is needed for mixing with corn and another part is needed for garnishing with cheese.
• Flour – ½ cup all purpose
• Pepper – ¼ tablespoon
1. Take a large saucepan and melt butter on a low heat.
2. Add onions and cook till it becomes tender. Stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add flour and mix it well while stirring. Make it paste.
4. Add salt, pepper, milk and cheese. Stir it well till cheese melts completely. Cook till the mixture thickens. Put milk in the end.
5. Take big baking dish. Heat oven at 325°
6. Take another bowl and beat eggs. Mix all the corn into it along with mustard and 1 and ½ cup of bread crumbs. Add the cooked cheese mixture into it. Mix well and pour it into baking dish.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter over the mixture in the casserole. Cheese will melt easily in the first 10 to 15 minutes and will get mixed with the bread crumbs.
8. Bake the mixture for 1 hour or till the mixture becomes firm.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Corn Casserole Recipe".
Return to "Easy Casserole Recipes" from "Corn Casserole Recipe".
Home | About Us | Contact Us