Filled Empanadas is a healthy and tasty food and can be cooked with sausages, beef or chicken. Today many European and American dishes are inspired by Mexican food.
• Puffed pastry – 2 packet frozen
• For filling you can use either beef, chicken or even sausage meat – 700 grams
• Onion – 2 chopped
• Green pepper - 2 chopped
• Garlic clove – 2 minced
• Paprika – 2 teaspoon
• Cumin – 2 teaspoon grounded
• Pepper flakes – ½ teaspoon
• Tomato – 1 cup chopped
• Cheddar cheese – 2 cup
Method of Preparation
1. Take large skillet and mix onion, green pepper and garlic with your selected filling. Do not allow to form lumps. Stir occasionally. Cook till onion and pepper are cooked and meat has changed its color from pink to light brown. It can take around 15 minutes.
2. Add pepper flake, chopped tomato and cumin with paprika and stir the mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes for cooling down.
4. Preheat oven for 200 degree.
5. Take out the packets of pastries and thaw it. The packet will have instruction about thawing it. Remove around half the pastries from the first packet and roll it into 30 cm square. Take around 50 ml meat and spread it evenly on the square avoiding edges. Wet the edges with brush or knife and fold it to make a triangular shape. The edges should be on top of each other and should attach firmly.
6. Repeat with the other one and half packet of pastry.
7. Bake it for 20 minutes. The color will change to light brown and the empanadas will puffed. Remove it from the oven.
Chicken empanadas should be served either hot or at room temperature.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Filled Empanadas".
Return to "Easy Mexican Recipes" from "Filled Empanadas".
Home | About Us | Contact Us