Filled Lamb Leg
Filled lamb leg will be not only enjoyable on the Easter Sunday; it will be your memorable Easter as well.
Easter always gives you joy and happiness and apart from decorating your house and spending time on your dressing, you can always make some special dinner for your family on Easter day. Majority of people make ham on Easter but if you want to try something else then this is a special lamb menu for Easter.
Ingredients for fillings:
• Golden raisins – 2 cup
• Dried cherries - 2 cup
• Dried Apricot – 2 cup chopped
• Thyme – 1 teaspoon dried
• Eggs – 4
• Fresh bread crumbs – 4 cups
Ingredients other than filling:
• Leg of lamb – 2 around 9 to 10 pounds
• Olive oil - 4 teaspoon
• Salt – 2 teaspoon
• Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Method of Preparation
1. Take a medium sized bowl. Mix raisins, cherries, apricots and thyme in that. Add lightly bitten eggs in it and mix well. Mix bread crumbs. While putting bread crumbs, do not put all the bread crumbs at a time. Put half a cup first, mix it then again put next lot of bread crumbs.
2. You are required to put bread crumbs so that the mixture will be thick and together. You need to judge the amount of bread crumbs you need to do the job. It can be anything between 3 to 4 cups.
3. Now take the boneless lamb. If the lamb is tied or in a rolled condition, you have to open it. Keep it in a flat condition.
4. Spread filling on it evenly and start rolling from the small size to big. Tie it with a kitchen twine from both the sides.
5. Repeat same thing with the second leg.
6. Put olive oil with brush.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper generously.
8. Preheat oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and roast lamb leg in a shallow roasting pan for around 1 and ½ hour to 2 hours.
10. Once the lamb is cooked. Remove it from the oven.
11. After 10 minutes remove the twine and cut into thick slices.
And your yummy dinner is ready. This quantity is sufficient for around 12 to 15 people. You can enjoy this dinner with your family and friends.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Filled Lamb Leg".
Return to "Easter Dinner Recipes" from "Filled Lamb Leg".
Home | About Us | Contact Us