Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Green bean casserole recipe will keep intact all the essential nutrients of green bean.
Green beans are also known as string beans or French beans in the different parts of the world. It is used for the treatment of diabetes.
It is full of vitamin A, K and C. It gives potassium, iron and dietary fiber. It also has minerals like magnesium and copper. Overall it is a healthy vegetable. But overcooked green beans may not have same benefits so you need to be careful while making any dish of green beans.
It is meant for 4 people and it is an easy to make healthy preparation.
• Two cups of green beans – You can even take frozen beans and cook it. The best way of cooking green beans is steaming them for a while.
• Flour – 1 tablespoon
• Butter – 2 tablespoon out of which 1 tablespoon should be melted
• Salt – ½ teaspoon
• Black Pepper – ½ tablespoon freshly grounded
• Milk – 1 cup
• Cheddar cheese – 1 cup
• Bread crumbs – ½ cup
• Sour cream - 2 tablespoon
• Sliced mushrooms – 1 cup
• Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
• Onion – 1 finely chopped
1. Take a large sauce pan and melt butter at slow heat. Add onion and mushroom to it. Sauté it by stirring continuously till mushrooms are cooked and onions become pink and soft.
2. Put pepper, flour and salt while stirring. Do not stop stirring till flour mixes properly with all the other ingredients. Make a smooth paste of all those ingredients by stirring continuously.
3. Pour milk into the mixture. Stir it till the mixture becomes thick.
4. Add cheese, sour cream and cooked green beans to the mixture.
5. Add all the mixture into baking dish.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter over it. You can mix both cheese for the better taste. If you have single type of cheese. Cheddar cheese is the preferred one. Parmesan can be optional. Make sure you use cheese in a shredded form. Sprinkle all the above mentioned ingredients like bread crumbs and cheese as per your choice. Use it little generously if you like cheese more.
7. Take baking dish and grease them.
8. Heat over at 350 degree.
9. Bake it for 25 to 30 minutes until it becomes brown.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Green Bean Casserole Recipe".
Return to "Easy Casserole Recipes" from "Green Bean Casserole Recipe".
Home | About Us | Contact Us