Irish Boiled Dinner
This is an easy to make Irish boiled dinner recipe, for everyone. Boiled food keeps its nutrients intact and you get maximum benefit of the ingredients. Since there would be no fat added in this recipe it is easy to digest and also tastes good. Health conscious people prefer this food over roasted and fried food.
The actual cooking time of Irish boiled dinner is more. The time for the preparation of this meal is around 15 minutes and the actual cooking time is around 2 hours and 40 minutes.
• Water – 1 cups
• Bay leaves – 2
• Black Pepper corns – 5
• Chopped parsley – quarter cup
• Salt – 1 teaspoons
• Olive oil or butter 1 table spoon
• Garlic – 1 ½ cloves. Peeled and sliced
• Yellow Onion – ½ peeled and sliced
• Leek – 1 cups chopped
• Carrots - 1 ½ pounds
• Small Red potato – 1 ½ pounds
• Turnip – ½ pound. Peeled
• Green cabbage - 1 pounds ( cut in six pieces. Use toothpick)
• Beer bottle – 12 ounce
• Beef – 2 pound
1. On a casserole add beef, beer, peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves and water together. Add a little salt to it.
2. In a frying pan, put butter or olive oil and sauté garlic, leeks and yellow onion for around 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add it in the casserole. Cover it and simmer it for 2 ½ hours. This preparation is to cook beef in a tender way. For 1 pound beef, it will take around 1 hour.
4. By the end of it once the beef is almost cooked, add carrots and red potatoes. After 15 to 20 minutes add cabbage, turnip, salt and pepper.
5. Let the vegetables boil properly. Check after 15 minutes and if you think that the vegetables are not cooked properly then cook it for some more time. Vegetables should not be overcooked.
Your boiled dinner is ready. Just remove the toothpick and serve hot with all the nutrients in it. At the time of serving put freshly ground salt and pepper.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Irish Boiled Dinner".
Return to "Easy Casserole Recipes" from "Irish Boiled Dinner".
Home | About Us | Contact Us