Spinach With Ravioli
Italy is famous for pizza and macaroni. Majority of people outside Italy assume that Italians eat only these two items and to some extent it is true as they are more than 100 varieties of pasta.
Following is the recipe of different kinds of pasta which is known as Ravioli. It is stuffed pasta. You can choose your stuffing. It can be egg and cheese or some ravioli is filled with many different herbs.
The main ingredients of this dish are cheese and spinach. Spinach as we all know is one of the healthy vegetable. It has vitamins and calcium and the greatest thing is it does not contain any fat.
As far as cheese is concern, you can always go for low fat cheese which will make your dinner healthier.
Ingredients for Spinach with Ravioli:
• Low fat cheese Raviolis – 2 packet
• Olive oil – 6 tablespoon
• Garlic cloves – 8 chopped
• Red pepper flake - 2 tablespoon crushed
• Fresh Spinach – 2 pound
If you want this dish with simple and delicious, try and get fresh spinach only.
• Onion – 2 small chopped
• Salt – 1 teaspoon
• Parmesan cheese - 6 tablespoon fresh grated
In case you are unable to get parmesan cheese, you can use any other cheese of your choice but the flavor will be slightly different.
Method of Preparation
1. Take 5 cups of salted water and bring it to boil. Simmer it and put raviolis in it. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Take a large frying pan till the water boils and sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
3. Add red pepper flake and sauté again for a minute. This will give you the flavor of the red flake.
4. Take spinach. Use cold water to wash it. Remove all the hard stems and just keep the leaves. Always use cold water to wash spinach as keeps spinach fresh.
5. Put it in garlic and onion mix. Mix well and cover it till the spinach is cooked. Cover it while cooking.
6. By this time your ravioli is cooked.
7. Pour the spinach mix on the top of the ravioli and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
This preparation can be enough for 6 to 8 people and according to the Italians this dish tastes best when taken with wine.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Spinach With Ravioli".
Return to "Easy Pasta Recipes" from "Spinach With Ravioli".
Home | About Us | Contact Us