Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Tandoori Chicken recipe is highly popular in India. It is nothing but chicken marinated in spices and yogurt and cooked slowly over an electric oven. In India, it is cooked on a hot clay oven or Tandoor which is exactly the reason behind the name of this dish.
The recipe is said to have been invented in pre-Independence India by a Hindu Punjabi known as Kundan Lal Gujral. The dish is popular even outside India and is eaten in several South Asian countries as a starter before the main meal.
• Chicken – 1 kg
• Garlic paste – 1 tsp
• Green chili paste – 1 tsp
• Yogurt – ½ cup
• Red chili powder – 1 tsp
• Ginger paste – 1 tsp
• Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
• Salt (for taste)
• Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
• Onion (cut into rings)
• Lemon (cut into wedges) – 2
You will also need 1 tsp Garam Masala, a blend of roasted and grounded dry spices, such as cumin, black pepper, cardamom and cloves used for seasoning.
Method of Preparation
• Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly.
• Make incisions all over the surface of the chicken diagonally with a sharp knife or fork.
• Apply a mixture of red chili powder, chili paste, salt and one tablespoonful of lemon juice all over the chicken body. Keep it aside for half an hour.
• Now you have to prepare the marinade for the Tandoor Chicken. Pour yogurt into a piece of muslin. Tie up the ends into a knot. Hang the cloth for fifteen to twenty minutes over a bowl.
• Untie the knot and remove the thick yogurt into another container or bowl.
• Add the rest of the chili powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, garam masala, mustard oil and lemon juice into the yogurt. Churn the mixture well to mix thoroughly.
• Rub this mixture all over the surface of the chicken. Toss the chicken in the paste to coat all of its sides well. You should also push some mixture into the slits you made as well.
• Marinate the chicken in a refrigerator for around four hours.
• Brush the chicken piece with a little amount of oil.
• Pierce the chicken with a skewer and cook in a preheated oven at 200 degree Centigrade or Gas Mark 6 for ten to fifteen minutes or until fully cooked. In India, this cooking is done over a hot clay oven (Tandoor).
• Remove grilled chicken from oven and keep to a side. Garnish with lemon wedges and onion rings and serve hot.
Win the hearts of your family members with this exotic chicken dish.
Return to "Easy Dinner Recipes" from "Tandoori Chicken Recipe".
Return to "Easy Chicken Recipes" from "Tandoori Chicken Recipe".
Home | About Us | Contact Us